Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lazy

I'm starting to hate the month of August almost as much as February. I realize I have not typed in awhile, and I really think it is because I am starting to hate this oppressive heat just as much as I hate the oppressive gray of winter. My thermostat is set at 71 degrees making my utility bills ridiculous. I get eaten by mosquitoes even walking to my car. Trying to breathe outside is like drinking soup. The cicadas are about ready to lift up my house and fly away with it. I have not only had to implement a 95 degree rule on mowing my lawn, but a 105 degree rule in which I don't even leave my couch unless it's to mix another icy beverage. Plus, whenever Sophie has to go outside (which, according to the clanging of the bell hanging from my door specifically to alert me to that purpose, is every five minutes), she stands petrified at my deck door before the wall of heat and screaming bugs. I have to literally shove her outside and not five seconds later she is whining to be let back in. Also, I think I am getting claustrophobia from the lack of fresh air and the constant clouds of Febreeze I am having to spray to cover the pet stench.

I am depressed. It is making me depressed, and I just want it to be fall so I can wear sweatshirts again, and I don't have to take into account a 30 minute cool-down period every time I go outside to make myself presentable after a gallon of sweat per 100 feet of walking. I miss football, the pre-season (as usual) just isn't cutting it, and I am sick to death of the Cubs. This weather has gotten me to the point where I don't want to do ANYTHING that involves being outside even driving around in my car. When Mulva takes 20 minutes to cool down, fans blowing, AFTER I shut her down, there is a major effing problem.

Here's to the last day of August and the welcoming of September. Watch out February, you have a competitor. I am thinking that next year, my warm-weather Feb vacation will be matched with a trip to Canada in Aug.


1 comment:

  1. On Mulva...

    Volvo > Vulva > Mulva

    And actually, Paul is responsible for that one. I can't take all of the credit there. He is also the reason I have a cat named "Chicken."

    ReplyDelete