Tuesday, December 21, 2010

You Say, Love Is a Chew Toy


I had a maid service come by today and do some hard core cleaning before I leave for vacation. Yes, scant readers, I am broke. However, I secured this service for six hours of maid work for $60 through Groupon, and I dirtied up my house a-plenty to be sure that I would get my dollar's worth. Side note - if you have never heard of Groupon, look it up immediately. It is my favorite business idea since Netflix. Side-side note, Netflix is going to dominate with its streaming business once it has connectivity to more platforms.

I came home from work today to a fresh-smelling and sparkling, slippery-floored house. The service I used did a great job. One of the indicators of said great job was that probably 10 of Sophie's otherwise black-holed toys had reappeared in her toy basket. I am assuming the maids had dug these out from cushions or found them when actually moving the couch to sweep, mop. (My approach to cleaning is more of a if-I-don't-see-it-it's-not-there approach.) Anyway. I had to crate Sophie during the day so the maids could do their work. When I let her out, she immediately ran over to her toy basket (which has been empty for a couple of months now) and began pulling out each toy for some sort of chew-inspection.

She has ignored me since, which, now that I think of it, is not that bad of a thing considering she thinks she is a 75lb lap dog and I am all crampy and pre-menstrual. But. It IS pretty hilarious. I mean, these toys are probably the most crap-basket of toys. She has gotten each one of them out, and she has been moving in circles, from toy to toy, to be sure to thoroughly enjoy each one before it gets kicked back underneath the couch.


In this view, you can see an old t-shirt that has been knotted, remainders of one vanilla chew bone (Sophie's favorite and IMPOSSIBLE to find), a pink squeak bone that has had gory hunks torn out of it (which I am assuming had been swallowed and then deposited in my yard), a pink Kong she's had since I first got her and she weighed 6lbs, and the remains of another chew bone that I believe was filled with some sort of synthetic peanut butter flavoring. She has been on this rug the entire night, only coming over every so often to drop one of these soggy, disgusting things in my lap in an attempt to get me to play.

Simple things.

I am leaving for Florida in five days with my dork dog. I have a feeling she is going to spend the week drinking and then puking up ocean water. Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment